As our business seems to grow, it becomes more compound.
Security Growing steadily
During the last couple of weeks, some of our clients have experienced downtime and service interruptions. In the past, this has been largely due to weather issues or wildlife getting up to mischief and damaging our masts and infrastructure.
This time, however, it has been human interference in the form of malicious network sabotage. This affected only the network backbone and none of the end-user equipment, accounts or Wi-Fi installations.
We have responded by beefing up our security significantly in those areas to make our system even more resilient than before. A criminal case is open with SAPS to whom the incident has been reported.
We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and will continue to update our clients on the progress regarding improved security.
This seems like the perfect time to also inform you of the network upgrades!
- Nottingham Road fibre point upgrade to 2Gbps.
- Amanzimtoti fibre point upgrade to 2Gbps.
- Our Durban data centre can handle 6Gbps of traffic between our Midlands and South Coast networks.
- A new tower was erected in August in the Nottingham Road area to alleviate the traffic coming in from the Western side of the Midlands network where we have seen major growth in the last few months.
- In the last two months, we have also commissioned two new towers in the greater Durban area expanding our network to Queensburgh and Prospecton.
We would like to thank our loyal supporters for sticking with us through the good times and the bad times.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the above information, please feel free to call us on 087 222 9500.